Saturday 24 October 2009

Griffinitis

It's an awful virus. And I'm only observing it; I don't speak as the affected.

I sort of had this echo of a prediction in the back of my mind, just before the broadcasting of the Question Time episode with Griffin, that after all members of the panel would unanimously tried to stitch up Nick Griffin (And Slack Jaw/Jack Straw making a balls of it), Nick Griffin would play the victim card, and complain to the BBC about "unfair treatment". And as it happens, that echo came to be. Oh no!!!!!!! We've all played into Griffin's hands! Run for the hills!!!!!1111111

Perhaps the move was an admission of guilt, on Griffin's part, that he handled his performance piss poorly? Nobody thought of that, that it was an indicator that even Griffin was aware that his performance was shit. But no. Let the headless chickens run around, in the rotating insanity of the BNP hysteria, overplaying these already overplayed coalition of thugs. (I'm refraining from calling them a "party")

Then there's the YouGov poll, where 22% of people who participated the poll (For the fucking Telegraph, mind you), CONSIDERED voting for the BNP.

Considered? Run for the fucking hills! The idea crossed their mind, by Jesus! Hey, maybe we can have another poll, saying 80% of people CONSIDERED voting UKIP. That's fucking it! A four-gone conclusion that UKIP will WIN the next General Election! "Considering", has absolutely no bearing on whether they'll do it. You may "consider" something for five fucking minutes; it means Jack Shit on whether it'll actually amount to anything substantial.

Ugh.

I actually hate talking about the BNP, because they're so fucking boring. At least Adolf Hitler was charismatic. Nick Griffin is a sack of shit in a suit, who couldn't even remotely pulverise me to any of his causes. And the most laughable factor of all, is that he's the most intelligent member in the BNP. Who's likely to succeed Griffin in leadership? Mark "Hitler will live forever" Collett. A fucking nutter, who is about as eloquent as Father Jack Hackett. It's patently obvious that the BNP are a bunch of racist, Nazi hallions, lead by the worst of demagoguery and imps. They couldn't convince me, even if they had Jimi Hendrix spreading their filthy message. I can call bullshit when I fucking see it, and so can many of the British public. 66%, of people within that same YouGov poll, in fact, wouldn't vote for the BNP under any circumstances.

Oh, but still, people are considering voting for them, just like people would consider voting anyone who's on the ballot. Run for the hills!!!!!!!!!11111111111111 Outrage! Frenzy! Pandemonium!

I'm just not buying it. Sorry, but my mind provides the antigens for Griffinitis. I just don't buy into the hype, and I'd love it if I could continue without having to think about the BNP. To be honest, I don't particularly want to talk about them now, but I just wanted to break the silence, and break the habit of me wandering round rooms, imposing my pathological neatness onto them. So I sat down to write.

And whilst the mainstream newspapers bang on about the BNP, they'll still be trotting the 70 million UK population scare PREDICTIONS. Fuck me. Please tell me I'm not alone.

2 comments:

  1. your not alone.
    And I don't think many people will really vote for them, to me the polls and votes in the European election are supposed to be messages from the people who are frustrated with the main 3 parties, saying "hey, I'm not happy, sort it out or I'll vote for them."

    The BNP do not deserve a place in politics and they will never have a place at the head of parliament.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely; most of their "success" (If you could even describe it like that), has been off the back of apathy in regards to voting, and wall to wall coverage. Oh, and some scaremongering headlines by the newspapers.

    I do think there's a SERIOUS problem with the three main parties, granted. Voting BNP, however, is a "protest vote", proven to be ineffective (As when they got in, the politicians said and did noting but talked about how awful the BNP were, diverting the actual concern and issues)

    ReplyDelete